Finally I am done with the ERA test, the dreaded ERA test,which I was so nervous to undergo, but now it’s almost two weeks and one more week to go for the the reports to arrive, but I am relieved that I am done with it. When my RE suggested ERA TEST, I obviously wanted to know why it was done , for what it was done, how painful and all but no where, it was written or spoken about how exactly the ERA procedure is done with the timeline.I have also written about the ERA test here , where I written about how I felt and convinced myself that ERA might be the answer,for ERA cycle my lining did grow fine it was almost more then 7.2 mm during day 12, compared to my previous cycles, but RE wanted to go ahead with ERA.
I did read about how it did work for some people, and it did not work for few people , and it was painful for few, it was not painful for few, that’s it not much info.I thought I will write how my RE prepared me for the ERA test, the details I am giving here are done her in India , Bangalore. I am hoping that’s how its done through out the world , maybe with slight variation with the tablets and injections.
- CD (candler day) 1 April 4th 2018
- CD 2 April 5th Baseline scan, Started Estrogen tablet, one in the morning one at night, twelve hours apart .HRT cycle day 1, from the day estrogen is started in the HRT cycle it is considered as day 1, that’s what my RE told.
- Took the estrogen as said above until 6th and 7th april.
- CD 5, HRT cycle day 4, two estrogen tablets in the morning and two at night until CD 8, HRT cycle day 7.
- CD 9, HRT cycle day 8 follow up scan with RE. My estrogen was upped by two estrogen tablets orally and one vaginally in the morning and the same dose at night.
- CD 13, HRT cycle day 12 follow up scan, Progesterone pessaries tablets with duphaston tablet was added along with Estrogen, but from day 12 of HRT cycle all estrogen tablets had to be taken orally, three in the morning and three at night. Progesterone was to taken vaginally morning and night, duphaston orally one in the morning and one at night.
- CD 18, HRT cycle day 17 the ERA TEST,in the morning I had to take all the above tablets and report to the clinic, my test was at 12.30 exact, timing was very important that’s what my RE told, and this is what they will follow for my next FET cycle.The procedure was a bit painful, but I would not do it again, it was very uncomfortable.
- Later RE prescribed Meprate 10mg for ten days and told to stop all the medications and take Meprate along with my vitamins, once I stop Meprate I would get my period and go to on day 2 for baseline scan.
I asked my RE about progesterone shots because this is almost like mock transfer, so they would know better, but she told if that was necessary she would recommend that to me, she was against it, she told we will work it with the progesterone vaginal pessaries, so I left it their.Along with the above tablets I was also taking Metfomin 1000 mg per day, Folic acid tablet one per day, and vitamin D tablet one per day, to be frank since this was ERA cycle, last 5 day’s I dint take the vitamin and metformin tablets, I felt It was too many tablets, but in my FET cycle I will be taking all these.
Hope this post will help people, if anyone has any doubts or want any clarification please leave it in the comments section. The ERA test was done on 21st April 2018, I will getting the reports on 12th MAY 2018. My FET cycle has already began form 3rd MAY 2018.Hoping this cycle works for me, wish me luck people.